In 2023, every business looking to succeed needs an online presence; most importantly, a website. Social media is just as important these days, but the bulk of your business will still be generated via your website.
Content is a key aspect of SEO. Without words on the page, it doesn’t matter how well your site runs, or how good your product/service is. However, the content you produce needs to be high-quality – great to read and packed with those ever-important keywords – and, of course, as unique as possible.
Unique content is crucial for SEO success
Your content needs to be high-quality
Each page should reflect you and your business
Using AI is risky
Hiring a professional Copywriter will net you better results
Does AI Content Help with SEO?
AI content has become increasingly popular for creating web page content. ChatGPT and Bard can spit out thousands of words in seconds. But is that content any good?
Well, at a glance it seems fine. It reads decently enough, language experts say that ChatGPT has the writing ability of a high schooler, which is the average reading level of visitors unless your page is particularly academic. However, due to how AI works, all the information is taken from existing sources across the web, leading to some potential issues.
If your AI system is prompted well, the content should be what you’re looking for. But if you aren’t sure how to prompt, the AI won’t produce quality content. Depending on the topic, the content can be repetitive, contain conflicting information, or even be plain wrong.
Google and other search engines (SEs) have been cracking down on AI-generated content for a few months now, and in turn promoting content that sounds more ‘human’. This means that, even if the AI content is high-quality, it needs to be edited before added to your website.
Most importantly, if two people ask an AI program for the same information, they’ll get carbon copies. AI content is only unique if you’re extremely precise with your prompting, and there’s no way to know for sure if it’s been generated before.
AI content is great for idea generation and fast information gathering, but if you want unique content, it’s not much help.
How to Write Unique Content
So, if AI can’t help, who can? Well, a copywriter can produce brilliant, unique content that will give visitors to your site all the information they need. Plus, if the copywriter has SEO experience, or is part of an SEO company, their content will be packed with keywords, key phrases, and backlinks to generate more leads for you.
As mentioned earlier, the best content should sell the human side of your business. Your home page should promote what makes you different, not just your product/service. A well-written ‘about’ page is the perfect place to tell your story, either with pure written content or video.
This is the content that will be the most unique, there’s only one ‘you’ after all! You may think a copywriter can’t write your story for you, but they can – and well! The best copywriters immerse themselves in your business, using their outside perspective as well as an understanding of what you want your image to be, all to promote your business to the online world.
How does Unique Content help with SEO?
We’ve already talked a lot about why unique content is good, but what exactly does it do for SEO? There’s a lot, so let’s break it down.
Unique content is important for SEO for several key reasons:
- Search Engine Rankings: Search engines like Google aim to provide the most relevant and valuable results to their users. When your content is unique, it's more likely to stand out and be seen as valuable. This can lead to higher search engine rankings, which means more visibility, and more traffic, for your website.
- Avoiding Duplicate Content Issues: Search engines penalize websites that have duplicate content, as it can lead to a poor user experience and make it difficult for search engines to determine which version of the content is most relevant. Unique content helps you avoid these penalties and ensures your website is not negatively impacted.
- Engagement and User Experience: Unique content engages your audience more. When your content is fresh and provides new insights, it's more likely to capture the attention of your visitors, keep them on each page for longer, and encourage them to click through to more pages. This can reduce your website's bounce rate and improve overall user experience.
- Authority and Credibility: Unique content can establish your website as an authoritative source in your industry or niche. When you consistently produce original, high-quality content, you're more likely to gain trust and credibility among your audience and within your industry. This can result in more backlinks from other reputable websites, further boosting your SEO efforts.
- Keyword Relevance: Unique content allows you to tailor your content to specific keywords and topics that are relevant to your target audience. This helps search engines understand the context of your content and rank it appropriately for those keywords.
- Competitive Advantage: In many industries, your competitors are likely producing content as well. If your content is unique, it can set you apart from the competition and give you an edge in search rankings and attracting organic traffic.
- Frequent Indexing: Search engines frequently crawl and index websites to find new content. If you regularly produce unique content (the best way is via a blog) search engines will revisit your site more often, leading to faster updates in search results.
- Social Sharing and Engagement: Unique, interesting content is more likely to be shared on social media and other online platforms. This can increase your website's visibility and generate more organic traffic, which can positively impact your SEO.
SEO is crucial if you want to stay ahead of your competitors, and making sure your website content is the best it can be gives you the edge you need. So much of SEO is behind-the-scenes, so it’s an added bonus to have improvements you can see on every page.
Unique content helps you build authority, avoid penalties, and give your visitors an overall better user experience.